Freelance Full-stack TypeScript/WebGL Developer
Jun 2020 - Oct 2020
For the 3rd anniversary of their hidden object June's Journey, Wooga wanted to create an "Escape Room"-style game where their player base can solve riddles to win prizes.
The project consisted of two phases:
- A quick prototype as a proof of concept that included both the game and a Node.js backend, which I developed on my own.
- The actual product of which I developed the actual game and a website to host the game (which also allowed the players to make an account and log in, and informed the players about the contest). Most of the backend was made by another company, and I only provided a few game routes.
I developed the following features:
- Basic account/login functionality.
- Rooms that contained a riddle that needed to be solved.
- The rooms could be configured via JSON files.
- After solving a riddle, the next room was unlocked.
- Dynamic adjustment to the screen's resolution and aspect ratio to make it work both on desktops and on mobile portrait/landscape modes.
- A backend to host the game, provide authentification and to check riddle answers.
- Setting up a server for playtesting.
- The actual game
- Iterate over the prototype game features.
- Sound effects.
- A website hosting the game
- Responsive design that works on both desktop and mobile.
- Several modes (before the contest, during the contest, after the contest) with countdowns and various text/image/video content.
- Several sections with information about the contest, prices and June's Journey.
- Localization and language switching.
- I worked together the company that was in charge of the backend to add a few game routes to it.
Railyway Riddles is a 2D "Escape Room"-style game to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Wooga's hidden object game June's Journey. Players solve riddles to win real-world prizes.