Freelance Unity3D Developer (VR)
Illusion Walk KG
Oct 2015 - Sep 2017
C#, Unity3D, UGUI, UNET, Unity3D Extension Development, Shaders, UI Programming, Mobile Development, Network Programming, Electronics, Arduino, Virtual Reality, Oculus Rift, Leap Motion
I’ve worked as a Unity3D programmer for Illusion Walk on their networked multiplayer room-scale VR system.
- Integrating the Leap Motion into the existing sensor data system.
- Developing physical elements that work well with the Leap Motion and are synchronized over the network:
- Physical objects that can be pushed and lifted.
- Physical interaction elements like levers, wheels, buttons and switches.
- Extending the uGUI Unity UI system:
- Elements can be triggered by the hands of body-tracked 3d avatars.
- Elements are synchronized over the network so everyone sees the same UI state.
- Developing special effect shaders for post effects and materials and editing existing shaders to allow for dissolving/appearing scene transitions.
- Allowing characters to smoothly transition between being controlled by body-tracked players and being NPCs controlled by the computer.
- Evaluation and integration of several VoIP systems (TeamSpeak, Photon Voice and Dissonance).
- Making use of Arduino, Raspberry Pi and other electronic components to allow communication and interaction between Unity3D and the real world.
- Developing gameplay for various small network-enabled VR games using UNET.
- Optimization of existing scenes with a focus on VR usage.
- Making a tool for tracking, analyzing and displaying user movement profiles.
- Creating various editor utilities.