Freelance Unity3D Developer
Jul 2020 - Apr 2021
C#, Unity3D, Virtual Reality, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive
I worked together with NowHere Media and their team to create KUSUNDA, an interactive VR experience about the sleeping Kusunda language in western Nepal. It features volumetrically filmed interviews with 3D environments captured by photogrammetry to provide an immersive experience, which are further enhanced by 3D animations of the stories that are told. Several times during the experience the player is taught a Kusunda word and asked to repeat it before continuing.
My responsibilities were:
- Setting up the basic VR project and the tools necessary to import volumetric video and photogrammetry.
- Developing Unity Timeline-based tools to allow the rest of the team to set up sequences consisting of animations, sounds, transitions and effects.
- Three effects:
- Mesh-based fade in/out for 3D content. (Visible in the trailer from 0:52 to 0:57.)
- Voice recording visualization, based on a concept from and together with the 3D artist.
- A variation of the above effect to symbolize a telephone call.
- Voice recording.
- Several ingame UI elements and menues.
- Working together with the 3D artist to integrate the scenes and 3D animations.
- Working together with the SFX engineer to integrate sound effects and ambience.
Pitch Deck & Information